03 December 2012

Dark Chocolate Dates with Citrus Walnuts



We were going to dinner at a friends house and I wanted to bring something simple, I knew dinner would be delicious and filling!  I also knew this person loved dates and chocolate.  I remember making these for Christmas last year and they were a big hit.  So 20 minutes later I had a plate of these ready to go...
Make a few more for yourself, these are unbelievably good!


Makes 12

12 medjool dates
30 walnuts, roasted
2 tsp honey
zest of one orange
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp clove
1/8 tsp cardamon
2 oz dark chocolate

roast walnuts, break 18 in half pieces.  In a small bowl heat honey in microwave for a few moments until it becomes liquidy (check after a few seconds).  Add walnuts and next 5 ingredients through cardamon and mix well.  Stuff 3 half pieces of walnuts in each date and squeeze the dates mostly shut.
Melt chocolate.  Dip one end of date in melted chocolate and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
Top each date with a walnut (or half walnut if you run out like me!)
Zest some more orange over the top.
Place in refrigerator until chocolate is firm, about one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment